Below are the individual topics that students study during their IGCSE Chemistry course. All topics contain syllabus points/learning outcomes, relevant textbook pages, activities, worksheets, notes etc. as well as extra help and extension activities/videos.
As well as a subject focus, the course also encourages learners to develop:
- a better understanding of the technological world, with an informed interest in scientific matter
- a recognition of the usefulness (and limitations) of scientific method, and how to apply this to other disciplines in everyday life
- relevant attitudes, such as a concern for accuracy and precision, objectivity, integrity, enquiry, initiative and inventiveness
- an interest in, and care for, the environment
- a better understanding of the influence and limitations placed on scientific study by society, economy, technology, ethics, the community and the environment
- an understanding of the scientific skills essential for both further study and everyday life.